Congratulations to the whole Malacca citizens. Malacca is now declared as "Melaka Maju" (developed state) by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib.
Malacca had met the 32 criterias set by the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) which is headquartered in Paris to qualify the status in just 10 years plan, which is a relatively short time.
Part of the criteria:-
- Malacca poverty rate had dropped to 0.5 percent in 2010 from 5.4 percent in 2000.
- Melaka aspired to be a green technology city state in 10 years by emphasizing the use of renewable energy like solar and reducing pollution.
- Participation of bumiputeras in the last 10 years had been encouraging, especially in the tourism sector and in retailing.
- The services sector, comprising tourism, education and healthcare, contributed to 70 percent of the state''s economy.
- Malacca attracted 8.9 million tourists last year from 1.7 million 10 years ago and the target for 2010 was expected to exceed nine million tourists.
source: yahoo news
Now Malacca already in developed state. So when is Sabah's turn?.. :)
Is it possible for Sabah to get that status?..
Wait and see if Sabah can achieve that..
In the meantime, let us hand in hand to support our state. It might took a long time but we will definitely reach there if we are supporting each other.. :)
I end it here for now, take care.