Hi dear readers,
Today I'm going to share with you a rainbow cake recipe. To be honest I got this recipe from a good friend. Her name is Daphne. Thanks a lot to her for the recipe and tips. She is really nice and generous enough to share the recipe with me and she has given me green light to share this recipe. Kan Daphne?..hehe :P
I was actually fell to sick for almost more than 2 weeks. I got this recipe but I couldn't proceed myself to bake it. But Praise to GOD, i managed to bake a rainbow cake for the 1st time on last Friday. I can't believe it was a success. I overjoyed and hubby really amazed with the end result too! haha.. Baking is really a THERAPY for me hehehe.. :P
Since lots of friends requested for the recipe, i'll share it here. So, take a look and read them one by one. The procedure might confusing and might looks hard for you, but it's not that really hard. I'll always mention to those who're asking the same question, "susah mau buat ni kan?..macam susah ni.." If you had a big sized oven, it would be very easy for you!.. Yes, it is true! You don't have to bake the layer one by one, it would be easy to bake them all in one go, isn't it?..hehe!
By the way, I modified a lil' bit the recipe though so that it'll be easy for you to follow. Okay here's the recipe. :)
80g Cream Cheese
50g Castor Sugar
80g Egg yolks (i used 4 egg yolks)
110g Whipping cream + 1 Tbsp lemon juice (sour cream)
250g Self raising flour (sifted)
80g Ground Almond (i replaced it with self raising flour)
150g Egg whites (I used 5 egg whites)
2g Cream of tartar
130g Castor Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease 6 nos of 7" round cake tins and set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese, butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add yolks and mix well.
3. Next, pour in the sour cream, follow by the flour.
4. For meringue, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to whisk until medium peak.
5. Fold meringue into the cake batter.
6. Divide batter evenly into 6 different bowls. Stir in your choice rainbow colors and pour into prepared cake tins.
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
8. Set aside to cool while preparing the frosting.
Syrup for Meringue:
200g Castor sugar
150g Egg whites
30g Castor Sugar
250g Cream cheese
2 Lemon zest
1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1. In a small pot over low heat, combine sugar and water. Swirl the pot to dissolve the sugar completely. Do not stir.
2. For meringue, whip egg whites and sugar until medium peak.
3. Fold in the syrup into the meringue.
4. Add in butter and whip until smooth.
5. Add in cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and whip until smooth consistency.
6. Spread on the cake as desired.
My 1st Rainbow Cake. Yeay! It's a success! :D
I packed them and sent out to my parent house.
My mom and my bros and sisters were like, " sedap oh..macam ada rasa ice-cream"..
Haha, Thanks for the compliment though.. :D
Okay, that's it for today. Thanks for visiting here.
Have a great week ahead. :)