As i mentioned in my previous post, my hubby requested for Red Velvet Cake. I granted his wish but this time I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes.
I got the recipe from annaqawina blog. I can say this recipe much more tastier than previous one (if you still remember I posted Red Velvet Cake recipe few weeks ago). Hubby really like this cupcakes, me as well. To be honest, I'm not really eating the cakes that were baked by me. But this one is different. I eat a lot. Oh my it ruins my diet routine! haha..
So, let's proceed with the recipe. :D
Red Velvet Cupcakes
300 g flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp salt (i didn't put salt since I'm using salted butter)
125 g unsalted butter (I used salted butter )
280 g castor sugar
2 eggs (grade B)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp red food coloring (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp)
240ml buttermilk (I used 240ml fresh milk + 1 Tbsp white vinegar, let them combine for 10 minutes before using it)
360 g cream cheese
70 g butter
200g icing sugar
1. Sift and combine (A)-Set aside.
2. Beat (B) until it become light and fluffy. Add in (C) one at a time and beat again.
3. Add in (D)-beat until well mixed.
4. Fold in flour, alternately with buttermilk. You can fold in flour first and then buttermilk, and remaining flour and buttermilk again. Beat until well mixed.
5. Pour the batter in the cups ( 1/2 of the cup's size) and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Let it cool and decorate with creamcheese icing.
Beat the butter & creamcheese until fluffy and fold in icing sugar. Whisk until well combined. Decorate with your creativity.
Fresh from oven
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Creamcheese icing
So tasty and this is my second cup haha.. Look at the texture.. :D
Hubby offers himself to decorate the icing. Look what he did. Tulis nama sendiri pula daa.. Macam birthday suda ni..haha..
Okay that's it for now. Try out the recipe. No regret! hehe.. :D With this recipe i could make 30 cups on medium cup size..
You might want to reduce the amount if you want to bake just a few for tea time. (Saya tidak pandai adjust the amount, so sya ikut recipe saja..haha.. Later will send them out to my family all the way to Putatan.. :D )