19 March 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes

As i mentioned in my previous post, my hubby requested for Red Velvet Cake. I granted his wish but this time I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes. 

I got the recipe from annaqawina blog. I can say this recipe much more tastier than previous one (if you still remember I posted Red Velvet Cake recipe few weeks ago). Hubby really like this cupcakes, me as well. To be honest, I'm not really eating the cakes that were baked by me. But this one is different. I eat a lot. Oh my it ruins my diet routine! haha..

So, let's proceed with the recipe. :D


Red Velvet Cupcakes

Ingredients:
A:
300 g flour

2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp salt (i didn't put salt since I'm using salted butter)

B:
125 g unsalted butter (I used salted butter ) 

280 g castor sugar

C:
2 eggs (grade B)

D:
1 tsp vanilla essence

1 tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp red food coloring (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp)

E:

240ml buttermilk (I used 240ml fresh milk + 1 Tbsp white vinegar, let them combine for 10 minutes before using it)
 
 

Creamcheese icing:
360 g cream cheese
70 g butter
200g icing sugar


Method:

1. Sift and combine (A)-Set aside.
2. Beat (B) until it become light and fluffy. Add in (C) one at a time and beat again.
3. Add in (D)-beat until well mixed.
4. Fold in flour, alternately with buttermilk. You can fold in flour first and then buttermilk, and remaining flour and buttermilk again. Beat until well mixed.
5. Pour the batter in the cups ( 1/2 of the cup's size) and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Let it cool and decorate with creamcheese icing.

For Icing:
Beat the butter & creamcheese until fluffy and fold in icing sugar. Whisk until well combined. Decorate with your creativity.






Fresh from oven



 
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Creamcheese icing


 So tasty and this is my second cup haha.. Look at the texture.. :D


 Hubby offers himself to decorate the icing. Look what he did. Tulis nama sendiri pula daa.. Macam birthday suda ni..haha..



Okay that's it for now. Try out the recipe. No regret! hehe.. :D With this recipe i could make 30 cups on medium cup size.. 

You might want to reduce the amount if you want to bake just a few for tea time. (Saya tidak pandai adjust the amount, so sya ikut recipe saja..haha.. Later will send them out to my family all the way to Putatan.. :D )




27 comments:

  1. lama sdh sia x buat cupcake ni.. mau p beli cup dulu.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah looks good... gonna try this recipe after my cupcake electric machine sampai :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah ko beli cupcake electric machine? Do blog it out ok.. :)
      Ya try la this recipe. Guna fresh milk mmg sadap :)

      Delete
  3. Sia pun mo try lah. Tpi mo shopping bahan2 ni yg kin malas sia hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy!wish i cud do dat..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. He is.. But at the same time he want to lose weight.. How lah?.. Haha

      Delete
    2. Pandai oo ko bake cake....jeles sia tingu...tida bakat ni kunu....hehe

      Delete
    3. Mia, boleh ba tu..Ikut ja resipi hehe :)

      Delete
  6. Hey you are really good in this....
    nice woh......pandai ko buat. i wonder how does this red velvet taste..ada sa rasa once tpi lupa sdh mcm mana rasa dia.mcm popular ni red velvet ni kan.....

    p/s untung laki ko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lexa,
      Thanks for visiting here. Yg this recipe kan SADAP! hehe.. My siblings and parent really like it. Saya send td petang tmpt dorang.. :)

      Haha..untung la dia dpt makan tp nda dpt la dia men'diet'kan diri hahaha

      Delete
  7. Wow, I'm impressed! Yap, I remember u baking those before. Love it, Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. saya mo buat lagi weekend ini. Almost perfect jg yg saya buat baru2 ini cuma yg too salty n x masak di tengah ja. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never try red velvet cakes before, apa lagi the cupcakes. Love to order some from you someday =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. Just inform me if u want to order :)

      Delete
  10. my fave!! would definitely try making own next time! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah bestnya stel. Bole try ni..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi stella...tj selalu tgk semula blog stell once nk buat RV (tgk resipi) 😂😂😂. sbb resipi ni plg sedap compared dgn resipi lain yg pernah tj try buat... Tqsm tau...😘😘 May u have a great & wonderful day with ur family ya.... 🥰🎉♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...